I decided to do some thing a little different today, with my simple pleasures list and 5 minute writing challenge… I threw rules to the wind and just played… flowed actually. I just let what needed to happen, happen.
This is what happened.
Tuesday 13th August – a list
- Some times lists of simple pleasures can be painful reminders of shit that ain’t so simple.
- Some times simple pleasures can be sensory experience that go beyond words expression.
- Some times simple pleasures are nothing but neuronal firing and neurotransmitter stuffs.
- Some times we forget our simple pleasures.
- We get caught in the brain numbing loop, loop, loop, loop, loop.
- Downward spiralling, downward, ever more downward, can’t come up for even air.
- And then just when we think we will hit rock bottom.
- A little bird swoop past and shits on our head.
- Nothing more than simple, pure, unadulterated pleasurable laughter.
- Maybe a little swearing first.
- But laughter all the same.
- We’re back.
- Smiling that ever sweet smile.
- Cackling that ever sweet cackle.
- Time will tell stories.
- Like that pleasure of getting caught in the rain.
- So wet, it isn’t worth it.
- Soaked right through.
- But we still run.
- Pissed off, but laughing, smiling, simple pleasure, simple wonderment, simple.
- It’s better when it is warm.
- Or you can eventually find your way to a warm place.
- Strip off clothes, sticky.
- Stand by heater flame, or curl up under blanket.
- There may be tears.
- But that is cathartic.
- That is just your brains way of cleaning out the bad view so when you awake a new you can see clearly.
- Simple pleasure.