I provide freelance work in the following areas:
- copy writing, proof reading and editing
- arts & music administration and management consultation
- communications & social media support and strategy
- grant writing support
- virtual assistance and small business/individual administrative support
- holistic problem solving
- holistic counseling.
With a background in psychology and individual case management, I have had a diverse range of experience in community and individual capacity building, project coordination and advocacy across government, NGO and small business sectors. I have a strong focus on utilising creative approaches to social justice; and supporting the development of the capabilities and resilience in the clients I work for. I have highly developed skills in project coordination; financial planning; project and narrative strategising; academic and formal writing; verbal communication; social media; stakeholder engagement; diplomacy; creative producing; developing strong external networks; research; individual case management; strategic direction; and cross cultural communication.
Drawing upon a diverse range of skills, I have successfully supported a number of local business, musicians, artists and curators in a range of coordination, management, communication and administration. Including the following:
- 2017 Project support, cultural liaison and research assistance for Watch This Space’s Arrernte Language project ‘Apmere Angkentye-kenhe’ in Alice Springs, NT.
- Editing support for prominent Australian visual arts curator
- 2015-2016 contracted by the Moonee Valley City Council to curate 10 spoken word events at the Incinerator Gallery
- Artist management and administration for successful artists including Luka Lesson, Royalty Noise and Mista Monk.
- 2013 – 2014 Event management for ’30 DEEP’ (a music event showcasing local Melbourne emerging artists).
- Marketing and communications support for performer, Magic Steven.
- Copy edit and communication support for International healer.
- Basic budgeting, and bookkeeping support for a number of small business and individuals.
- Ongoing holistic counseling for discrete number of clients, with a focus on life coaching; strategies and process for stress management; and human services and arts sector debriefing.
- I have also held a number of positions within NGOs and government departments, with a focus on case management, and advocacy within in the Aboriginal & Islander sector, including positions with the Commonwealth Department of Families, Community Services & Indigenous Affairs; Tangentyere Council (Alice Springs, NT); Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency; SNAICC – National Voice for Our Children; and the Northern Territories Department of Health & Human Services.
“Jessie Giles recently assisted me by setting up systems for the management of my business financial records. She helped me to understand what I needed for taxation purposes & taught me some handy tips to make my work simpler. As someone who struggles with the “business” side of things, I am grateful for Jessie’s calm demeanor, excellent communication skills & caring manner. I would not hesitate to ask Jessie for help in the future & I highly recommend her services.” – Alison Bramich, Nutritionist